Friday 18 November 2011

Some tips from a DNS'er 2006

Hello DNS 2011, 

My name is Daniel Arendzen. I am from DNS 2006 and after graduation I left to Thailand to teach. But now I am back in Tvindland for some time. Susanne asked me to help her with the website. 
That's also the reason that I am writing to you. 

I am making your personal introducions about you for the webpage. I use the text that you already have written (I steal it from your blog if you don't mind). That is also for your pictures. 
From some people, Zane Vevere for example, I don't have a nice picture. 

I know that you are all very busy and tired, still, it would be of a great help if you could send me a picture that I can use for the website. For the time being it will be a picture that I find on your blog (or no picture if I don't have one). 

Thank you!

And! I wish you a productive saving up! I know that (long) saving up periods can be difficult and that they can be very demotivating. Often you tend to think at the moment and you don't see the that and what you actually are learning. 
I have learned that it is very important to think and act as a team, eventhough that you are at different places and not together. If you are having fun, most likely others are too and it is easy to share. If you are having doubts or when things are difficult, most likely others feel the same but it is not easy to share. Why? I don't know... But, as a football player once said, every disadvantage has its advantage ;-) In other words find the good things in each situation, it doesn't matter what you find. 

What in DNS2006 used to work was to begin the day together, eat together, have lunch together and end the day together. Someone can make a cup of tee or coffee in the evenings, have a snack, play cards, scrabble,...,..., anything. During our last saving up we had a waterpipe and we were singing songs! These are small things, but they can be things to look forward to. It is not about 'liking' playing cards, it is about setting your mind on something else and have something nice to do. That keeps the spirit up! 

Okay. Just food for thought!

Many greetings, 
 Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment