Thursday 29 September 2011

Who I am


Olá,
My name is Marina and I was born in Portugal. I may say that I have a nationalist heart and an international mind.
Some years ago I was studying Sociology, in the university, and I understood that if you want to understand a society you cannot only read books: you have to travel. In that time, I decided to leave my country and get out of my comfort zone. Since there I already travelled in several European and African countries.

I think seeing new persons and new cultures is necessary for opening minds, to create new ideas and to start refusing old ones. I also think it is necessary to have already an open mind to start travelling, because to travel like a tourist it is easy but as a traveller it is not.
People, animals, music, poetry and all kinds of Art are some of the things that make my heart beat faster. Small things, little details, old stuff... I like books, psychology, philosophy, sociology and everything that makes me think and doubt.
All the time I love to know more, the knowledge plus experience are the best way to do something, to start improving the world around us and to start changing.

I can say I do not like routines and I do not like the idea that this "modern" society has about time. In fact, I think our social rhythm, in these days, is crazy!
We are forgetting many important principles and our priorities are getting extremely bizarre. I do not stand this capitalism system and all the injustice we are witnessing and I will stand up against that every time I can, through protests, conversations but mainly small attitudes.
That's it ;) Good energies for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment